All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of this book is to provide practical solutions to save Africa and its people from an African crisis that is threatening to destroy the nation and eliminate human survival. The author, an African himself, argues that this crisis is manifesting itself in the form of social, political, and ecomic upheavals. He discusses major issues such as unemployment, famine, hunger, malnutrition, overpopulation, ethnic wars, power struggles, debt, democracy, colonialism, and corruption. He argues that Africa suffers from the exploitation of outsiders. Based on this argument, Muriithi develops a strategic approach for developing Africa and bringing hope to its people. The study promotes that the three key determinants of African development are positive change in its society and culture, its demography, and its ecomy. The author suggests that through organization, discipline, education, and coalition, such changes can be made. African Crisis: Is There Hope? will serve as an appropriate text in African Studies courses focusing on the nation's problems, development, ecomy, and third world crises. This detailed and reflective work will also appeal to students and scholars alike, politicians, African development agents, dors, and world leaders.
- Author BiographySamuel Muriithi, an expert in African economic development and management, is Professor of Commerce at Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Author(s)Samuel Muriithi
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/01/1996
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width164 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.