All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive volume on African ethics, centred on Ubuntu and its relevance today. Important contemporary issues are explored, such as African bioethics, business ethics, traditional African attitudes to the environment and the possible development of a new form of democracy based on indigeus African political systems. In a world that has become interconnected, this anthology demonstrates that African ethics can make valuable contributions to global ethics. It is t only African academics, students, organisations or those individuals committed to ethics that are envisaged as the beneficiaries of this book, but all humankind. A number of topics presented here were inspired by a Shona proverb that says, Ndarira imwe hairiri (One brass wire cant produce a sound). The chorus of voices in African Ethics demonstrates this proverbial truism.
- Author BiographyMunyaradzi Felix Murove is deputy head of the School of Philosophy and Ethics at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- PublisherUniversity of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- Place of PublicationScottsville, Kwazulu-Natal
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintUniversity of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- Weight805 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMunyaradzi Felix Murove
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.