All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAfrican History through Sources recounts the history of colonial Africa through more than 100 primary sources produced by a variety of actors: ordinary men and women, the educated elite, and colonial officials. Including official documents, as well as interviews, memoirs, lyrics, and photographs, the book balances coverage of the state and ecomy with attention to daily life, family life, and cultural change. Entries are drawn from all around sub-Saharan Africa, and many have been translated into English for the first time. Introductions to each source and chapter provide context and identify themes. African History through Sources allows readers to analyze change, understand perspectives, and imagine everyday life during an extraordinary time.
- Author BiographyNancy J. Jacobs is Associate Professor in the department of history at Brown University. She has received two teaching awards from Brown University, one for digital innovations (2004) and the Harriet W. Sheridan Award for Distinguished Contribution to Teaching and Learning (2010). She is the creator of the Animated Atlas of African History, a web visualization of African history from the late nineteenth to the early twenty-first century. She is the author of Environment, Power, and Injustice: A South African History (Cambridge, 2003).
- Author(s)Nancy J. Jacobs
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note38 b/w illus. 8 maps
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.