All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe architecture and built environment of African cities are documented in groundbreaking photographs by acclaimed architect David Adjaye. David Adjaye is rewned for his highly acclaimed buildings in Europe and the United States. Of Tanzanian descent but raised and educated in London, he has found endless inspiration for his modern buildings in Africa. This book is the culmination of a personal quest--a decadelong project to document the built environment of every major African city.Adjaye has photographed thousands of structures and places, letting each speak for itself in contrast to a design world obsessed with photorealistic slickness. Fifty-three cities are featured, arranged by terrain and region, including: the Maghreb, the Sahel, Savannah and Grassland, Mountain and Highveld, Desert, and Forest. Each is presented with a concise urban history, fact file, maps, and satellite imagery along with the photographs and essays by leading scholars and critics. This handsome seven-volume slipcased edition is one of the most original and ambitious publications of our time and is sure to be among the great architectural collectibles.
- Author BiographyDavid Adjaye is the principal of Adjaye Associates, London, New York, and Berlin. Considered one of the most important architects of his generation, David Adjaye is lauded for high-profile buildings such as the Nobel Peace Pavilion in Oslo, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver, and the recent competition-winning design for the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington D.C.
- Author(s)David Adjaye
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication17/08/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps
- Weight3719 g
- Width249 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine71 mm
- Edited byPeter Allison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.