All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy as a discipline has t only been distinct and crucial but also consistent in the enduring search for practical solutions to human problems. This study discusses the role philosophical enquiries and postulations can play in the practical reconstruction of Africa. It identifies the continent's peculiar and diverse challenges as arising mostly from effects of Western intervention in African history and argues for a restoration of the heritage immanent in Africa's oral tradition. The author prefers an African philosophy rooted in a critical reappraisal and appropriation of Africa's oral literature which t only possesses a treasure of philosophical ideas and principles but can also be employed in meeting the challenges confronting Africa and in sustaining development there. He, consequently, defends the theory of intracultural dialogue as the best possible option towards a practical reconstruction of Africa in an African manner. This dialogue can be initiated and sustained with the help of philosophical hermeneutics and through the method of ordinary-language philosophy. The intracultural dialogue is seen as the necessary foundation for a meaningful, productive, and realistic intercultural dialogue.
- Author BiographyVictor Ahamefule Anoka was ordained a catholic priest in 2002 for the catholic diocese of Ahiara (Nigeria). He holds bachelor degrees in Philosophy and Theology from Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu, as well as a Master's degree in Philosophy (M.A) from the university of Munster, Germany.
- Author(s)Victor Ahamefule Anoka
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight380 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.