All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.14Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionAfrican Titanics is the untold tale of the African boat people and their desperate exodus to the merciless shores of the Mediterranean. The vel is one of fleeting yet profound friendships, perseverance born of despair and the power of stories to overcome the difficulties of the present. Alternating between fast-paced action and meditative reflection, the vel follows the adventures of Eritrean migrant Abdar. As he journeys rth, the narrative mirrors the rhythm of his travels, at one moment speeding away from bandits in the Sahara and at the next patiently awaiting news of a calm sea, maintaining a constant tension between life and death, hope and despair. Connecting today's migrants with legendary adventurers of the past, Eritrean author Abu Bakar Kahal places the phemen of migration in a broad perspective. The bug which grips the hearts and minds of young Africans is just one of many phases which Africa has traversed in its long history from man's first cradle. With moments of comedy interspersing the harsh reality of migration, African Titanics provides an intimate take on a phemen so often in the news.
- Author BiographyAbu Bakr Kahal is an Eritrean novelist who currently resides in Denmark after many years in Libya and several months in a Tunisian refugee camp during the Libyan revolution. A long-time member of the Eritrean Liberation Front, Kahal fought in many battles against the Ethiopian occupation. African Titanics is his third novel, following The Scent of Arms and Barkantiyya: Land of the Wise Woman. It is his first novel to be published in English translation.
- Author(s)Abu Bakr Hamid Khaal
- PublisherDarf Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarf Publishers Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byCharis Bredin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.