Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionAs the twenty first century unfolds, African universities are undergoing change and confronting challenges which are unprecedented. The effects of globalisation, and political and ecomic pressures of liberalisation and privatisation, both internal and external, are reconfiguring all aspects of university life: teaching, research, and their public service functions; such that the need to redefine the roles of the African universities, and to defend their importance have become paramount. At the same time, the universities must themselves balance demands of automy and accountability, expansion and excellence, diversification and differentiation, and internationalisation and indigenisation. In a climate in which scholarship and production are increasingly dependent on ICTs, and are becoming globalised, the universities must address the challenges of kwledge production and dissemination. The need to indigenise global scholarship, to their own requirements, meanwhile is ever- pressing.
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationDakar
- Country of PublicationSenegal
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAdebayo O. Olukoshi,Paul Tyambe Zeleza
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.