All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionJB's elderly brother and sister were recluses and never spoke to anyone... They were the only ones who could possibly kw what had happened to JB, but they did t talk to anyone. They seemed intent on taking JB's secret, if indeed they knew his secret, to the grave with them. Journey to ather time and place in Mark Wentling's magical new vel, Africa's Release. The residents of Gemini, Kansas, have grown used to the odd man who goes by the name of JB and roams their neighborhood in a befuddled state. But when he abruptly disappears one night, the townspeople find themselves facing uncomfortable questions, as JB's life and the dark discoveries in his ramshackle home are made public. Little do they kw that JB's ramblings have all been for a purpose: to transport him back to the African village he left many years before. Now he has returned to the old baobab tree that had years ago swallowed him up-an event that elevated him to the level of demigod in the eyes of the remaining villagers. This sequel to the popular Africa's Embrace, and the second in Wentling's African trilogy, is sure to enchant readers once more.
- Author BiographyMark Wentling is one of the rare people on Earth who has visited or worked in all fifty-four African countries. Africa's Embrace is the culmination of four decades of thinking and research. It is a fictional yet valuable, instructional, and enjoyable aid to anyone desiring to know Africa. In particular, it is aimed at those who want to provide assistance to Africans. Wentling has published a number of professional articles expressing his views about Africa's politics and development predicament. Few people are in a better position to tell his calamitous Africa story. Africa's Embrace and Africa's Release represent his effort to share part of a lifetime in Africa and convey to the reader what it means to be totally immersed in this vast and complex continent. He was born and raised in Kansas yet has been made in Africa. He currently lives and works in Burkina Faso.
- Author(s)Mark Wentling
- PublisherPeace Corps Writers
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Corps Writers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.