All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology is the first of its kind on Puerto Rican literature. The comprehensive introduction traces the history of the representation of Afro-Puerto Ricans in the short story, paying special attention to circumstances that developed - particularly during the decade of the sixties - and the manner in which these circumstances influenced the portrayal of Afro-Puerto Ricans in the island's literature. The stories are chosen in order to illustrate the effect of this influence. A significant contribution to the corpus of critical literature on the Puerto Rican short story, this is a valuable resource for courses on the development of the short story, and on the Afro-Puerto Rican theme in the island's literature.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Victor C. Simpson received his Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of the West Indies, where he currently teaches Hispanic literature. He is the author of Colonialism and Narrative in Puerto Rico (Peter Lang, 2004), as well as a number of articles on Puerto Rican literature.
- Author(s)Victor C. Simpson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight230 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.