Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Charles Beevor teaches Elizabeth, the daughter of the family's butler, to fly his gypsy moth, neither character kws that their shared passion for flying will lead them both to war and, eventually, to love. Elizabeth spends World War II as a female ferry pilot - her last job, to airlift wounded serviceman out of a ruined Berlin to the safety of England. But in a terrible accident, Elizabeth's engineer and best friend, Alice, is killed on their last trip together. Elizabeth's subsequent return to the mundane domesticity of her pre-war life proves unbearable. It's only when she visits Alice's East London family to pay her condolences that she begins to feel some peace among a community struggling to rebuild its homes and families after the devastation of war. And it's only when Charles goes to find her that their friendship is rekindled, and their love affair takes flight.
- Author BiographyA graduate of the creative writing MA at UEA, Martin Corrick was formerly a lecturer in literature and creative writing at the University of Southampton. He lives in Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)Martin Corrick
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication03/04/2006
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width111 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.