Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoanna Flynn was lucky to be alive. Twice in a matter of minutes she almost died on a patch of oil-slicked highway. But when the doctors told her that she would suffer lasting effects, they were wrong. For that night the dream began...It was only of a house perched high above the sea, of a ticking clock and the lingering scent of roses. Yet night after night it awoke Joanna with a sense of panic. Its terror lingered throughout her days, urging her to do something--but what?Then two strangers on the street called her Caroline, and Joanna knew she had to find an explanation for what was happening, or she'd lose her mind. What she finally uncovered was an obituary for a woman named Caroline McKenna--a woman who looked eugh like her to be her twin, a woman who was killed in a car accident on the same day Joanna should have perished.Now her torturous nightmares and a tenuous connection have brought Joanna three thousand miles across country to the town where Caroline lived--and died. Almost everyone has stories to tell about Cliffside's leading lady, and yet one seems to have kwn her. Was she the shy wife or the seductress of men? The devoted mother or the selfish beauty?Too soon Joanna realizes that it's t her sanity at stake, but her life. For unraveling the mystery of Caroline means uncovering the secrets in this picturesque town, secrets someone may have killed to hide. And that someone appears all too willing to kill again. Kay Hooper comes through with thrills, chills, and plenty of romance, this time with an energetic murder mystery with a clever twist. The suspense is sustained admirably right up to the very end. --Kirkus Reviews Harrowing good fun. Readers will shiver and shudder. Kay Hooper...kws how to serve up a latter-day gothic that will hold readers in its brooding grip. --Publishers Weekly Kay Hooper is a master storyteller. --Tami Hoag, bestselling author of Guilty as Sin and Joanna is appealingly plucky and true to her mission as she probes the mystery that was Caroline. --Variety Hooper is a multitalented writer whose stories always pack a tremendous punch. --Iris Johansen, bestselling author of The Ugly Duckling and Long After Midnight Praise for Kay Hooper's Amanda If you enjoyed those spooky tales by authors such as Victoria Holt and Mary Stewart, then you'll love Amanda. --Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Don't miss a story that will keep your reading light on until well into the night. --Catherine Coulter Amanda seethes and sizzles. A fast-paced, atmospheric tale that vibrates with tension, passion, and mystery. Readers will devour it. --Jayne Ann Krentz
- Author BiographyKay Hooper<b></b>is the award-winning author of <b>Blood Dreams, Blood Sins, Sleeping with Fear, Hunting Fear, Chill of Fear, Touching Evil, Whisper of Evil, Sense of Evil, Once a Thief, Always a Thief, </b> the Shadows trilogy, and other novels. She lives in North Carolina, where she is at work on her next book.
- Author(s)Kay Hooper
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1998
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Weight186 g
- Width109 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.