All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive study of cooperation among the advanced capitalist countries. Can cooperation persist without the dominance of a single power, such as the United States after World War II? To answer this pressing question, Robert Keohane analyzes the institutions, or international regimes, through which cooperation has taken place in the world political ecomy and describes the evolution of these regimes as American hegemony has eroded. Refuting the idea that the decline of hegemony makes cooperation impossible, he views international regimes t as weak substitutes for world government but as devices for facilitating decentralized cooperation among egoistic actors. In the preface the author addresses the issue of cooperation after the end of the Soviet empire and with the renewed dominance of the United States, in security matters, as well as recent scholarship on cooperation.
- Author BiographyRobert O. Keohane is Professor of International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University. He is the author, with Gary King and Sidney Verba, of Designing Social Inquiry: Scientific Inference in Qualitative Research (Princeton) as well as the author, with Joseph S. Nye, Jr., of Power and Interdependence (Addison-Wesley).
- PrizesWinner of Grawemeyer Award - Improving World Order 1989. Shortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 1984.
- Author(s)Robert O. Keohane
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 line illustration & 5 tables
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.