All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades, the field of Mennite literature has been dominated by the question of Mennite identity. After Identity interrogates this prolonged preoccupation and explores the potential to move beyond it to a truly post-identity Mennite literature. The twelve essays collected here view Mennite writing as transitioning beyond a tradition concerned primarily with defining itself and its cultural milieu. What this means for the future of Mennite literature and its attendant criticism is the question at the heart of this volume. Contributors explore the histories and contexts--as well as the gaps--that have informed and diverted the perennial focus on identity in Mennite literature, even as that identity is reread, reframed, and expanded.After Identity is a timely reappraisal of the Mennite literature of Canada and the United States at the very moment when that literature seems ready to progress into a new era.In addition to the editor, the contributors are Ervin Beck, Di Brandt, Daniel Shank Cruz, Jeff Gundy, Ann Hostetler, Julia Spicher Kasdorf, Royden Loewen, Jesse Nathan, Magdalene Redekop, Hildi Froese Tiessen, and Paul Tiessen.
- Author BiographyRobert Zacharias is Banting Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of English Language and Literature at the University of Waterloo and Visiting Scholar at the Center for Diaspora and Transnational Studies at the University of Toronto.
- PublisherPenn State University Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenn State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRobert Zacharias
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.