All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn after image is an impression of a vivid image retained by the eye after the stimulus has ceased. For her fifth book of portraits, Amy Arbus has borrowed ideas from iconic modernist paintings by artists including Picasso, Cezanne, Munch, Schiele, and Modigliani, and transferred their visceral energy and psychological intensity to live staged scenes to be photographed. In order to replicate the powerful effects of the original paintings, she painted costumes, props, and the models themselves. What has materialised is a series of hybrid images that challenges the thin line between painting and art photography. Chiaroscuro lighting and lush colours produce dark trompe l'oeil portraits in which the live models appear to be trying to escape the confines of the two-dimensional world that holds them captive.
- Author(s)Amy Arbus
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2013
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note24 colour photos
- Weight1210 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.