All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionBecause an independent state is often thought to be the ultimate goal of nationalists, much of the existing work on nationalism has centered on its role in the creation of new states. After Independence breaks new ground by examining the changes to nationalism after independence in seven new states. This invative volume challenges scholars and specialists to rethink conventional views of ethnic and civic nationalism, and the division between primordial and constructivist understandings of national identity. After Independence will be of interest to social science scholars, as well as policy-makers and journalists working in newly independent nations.
- Author BiographyLowell W. Barrington is Assistant Professor of Political Science, Marquette University.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2006
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLowell Barrington
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.