Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe end of the Cold War revitalised continental philosophy and, more particularly, interest in it from outside philosophy. After Poststructuralism: Transitions and Transformations analyses the main developments in continental philosophy between 1980-1995, a time of great upheaval and profound social change. The volume ranges across the birth of postmodernism, the differing traditions of France, Germany and Italy, third generation critical theory, radical democracy, postcolonial philosophy, the turn to ethics, feminist philosophies, the increasing engagement with religion, and the rise of performativity and post-analytic philosophy. Analyses of the major figures are integrated within the discussion. After Poststructuralism reveals how continental philosophy - fuelled by an intense ethical and political desire to reflect changing social and political conditions - responded to the changing world and to the key issues of the time, tably globalisation, techlogy and ethnicity.
- Author BiographyRosi Braidotti is Distinguished Professor in the Humanities and founding Director of the Centre for the Humanities at Utrecht University in The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Rosi Braidotti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- Series TitleThe History of Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Weight784 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.