All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToast is the entree into the kitchen for many of us. It's the dish we first learn t to burn, or what we make when there is body around to cook for us. It's a reliable culinary introduction. But what comes next? After Toast takes aspiring cooks into the kitchen fray. Kate Gibbs' grandmother, Australian cooking legend Margaret Fulton, had her making pizza from scratch before she could see over the kitchen bench. Now Kate passes on her kwledge, showing young adults what to eat and how to cook. Distilling culinary advice from her own upbringing, Kate offers must-kw tricks for the new-to-cooking, modernises classics and inspires an interest in healthy cooking. Basically, this is a guide to real, really awesome, food. Recipes for crunchy, fried mozzarella-stuffed croquettes, French roast chicken, mini cheeseburgers and proper salads meet ideas for sprawling weekend feasts. After Toast raises the bar for the packed lunch, serves up new ideas on snacks, shows teens and twenty-somethings what to cook for mates or Mum, and puts an end to endless fridge searches by answering the perpetual question, 'What can I eat?' Key points: Student cookbooks continue to sell well Aimed at teens and young adults, packed with useful advice from kitchen equipment to food safety Illustrated throughout in full colour
- Author BiographyKate Gibbs is an established food and travel writer, journalist and cookbook author. She is the granddaughter of Australian cooking legend Margaret Fulton and writes regularly for Australia s Sunday Life magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Wall Street Journal. She has co-authored The Foodies Guide to Sydney, and contributes to SMH Everyday Eats and the SMH Good Cafe Guide. Kate has written for Australian Gourmet Traveller and Frankie magazine, among others. She has won awards for her writing, including a National Press Club journalism award. See her blog at www.kategibbs.com.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width214 mm
- Height241 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.