Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $15.41Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Pickford's After the Crash and other stories is a collection of nine short stories that will take you from The Door to the River to the wildest reaches of the Sahara in The Jahannam's Lair; on board Twenty Red Twenty, the first manned mission to Mars, and into the labyrinth of Cain and Abel's psycho-drama in The End of the Past. Five of the stories compose a series of vividly descriptive episodes of mountain literature, where the perilous conditions of the adventurous life are explored and questioned, extreme skiers are tested to the limit, an alpinist suddenly finds himself marooned high in the Himalaya after a plane crash, the border between myth and reality is blurred during a long solo climb, and a tragic mystery is solved by a lone climber who reassembles the lost pieces of The Map of Thunder Canyon. The remaining four stories range from the visionary dreams of a child to the ideology of a Waziristani jihadist. Controversial, poetic, melancholy, original and thought provoking, each story is revealed in just eugh detail to let your imagination conceive what might happen next.
- Author BiographyDavid Pickford is a writer and photographer based in the United Kingdom. He is the editor-in-chief of Climb, Britain's leading climbing and mountaineering magazine, and is one of the most prominent contemporary commentators on the sport. He was a professional climber for many years, and has made numerous first ascents of adventurous rock climbs around the world, from the sea cliffs of England and Wales to the high mountains of Asia and Africa. He continues to climb at a high level today. David's writing has featured in numerous publications both in Britain and the United States over the past decade. In 2013, his photographic book The Light Elsewhere: Encounters With The Elemental World received widespread critical acclaim. After the Crash and other stories is his second book.
- Author(s)David Pickford
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Publishing
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byJim Perrin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.