All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrank and Leon are two men from different times, discovering that sometimes all you learn from your parents' mistakes is how to make different ones of your own. Frank is trying to escape his troubled past by running away to his family's beach shack. As he struggles to make friends with his neighbors and their precocious young daughter, Sal, he discovers the community has fresh wounds of its own. A girl is missing, and when Sal too disappears, suspicion falls on Frank. Decades earlier, Leon tries to hold together his family's cake shop as their suburban life crumbles in the aftermath of the Korean War. When war breaks out again, Leon must go from sculpting sugar figurines to killing young men as a conscript in the Vietnam War.
- Author BiographyEvie Wyld grew up in Australia and London. She is a graduate of the Creative Writing MA at Goldsmiths University. Her stories have been published in Goldfish: An Anthology of Writing from Goldsmith, the National Maritime Museum anthology Sea Stories and in the 3:AM Magazine anthology, London, New York, Paris. She lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of John Llewellyn Rhys Memorial Prize 2009. Shortlisted for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2011 and Orange Award for New Writers 2010.
- Author(s)Evie Wyld
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/01/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.