All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the Last Ship defies categorization: it is autobiography, history, poetry, art ...Yet it is so much more than the sum of its parts: it is a journey that takes us into the heart of diaspora; it takes us into the lived experience of women who felt the pain of dispossession deep within their bones, whose bodies bled and whose families were torn asunder. It is also a story of hope, of survival and of healing. Above all it is a story of resistance, of the Other talking back, t only on her own behalf but also on behalf of countless women whose stories have t yet been told. (Senior Lecturer Nado Aveling (PhD), School of Education Murdoch University, Australia) After the Last Ship, in evoking a particular diasporic experience, speaks to the displaced, the exiled, the oppressed, everywhere. Its achievement lies in its intelligent artistic vision which profoundly reconfigures abjection, transforming despair into hope. Beautifully constructed, illustrated and written, this is a moving and challenging work. Its gift to the reader is the spiritual enrichment that only the 'examined life' can offer. (Associate Professor Jenny De Reuck (PhD), English and Creative Arts, Murdoch University, Australia)
- Author BiographyAudrey Fernandes-Satar is an academic, researcher and visual artist in the School of Education at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia. Her body of work includes the investigation of the politics of identity, transnationality and the border. Audrey has exhibited nationally and internationally. She traces her heritage to the people of Gaunco Vaddo, who left Goa during the nineteenth century.
- Author(s)Audrey Fernandes-Satar
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in Asia-Pacific Mixed Race
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note14, 14 Ill.
- Weight260 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.