All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionSince its launch in 1999, Afterall , a journal of art, context, and enquiry, has offered in-depth considerations of the work of contemporary artists along with essays that broaden the context in which we understand it. Published three times a year, Afterall also features essays on art history and critical theory. Issue 30 looks at artists whose practices respond to specific local contexts in different ways, from American artist Jimmie Durham's installations about US politics and civil rights to Israeli artist Yael Bartana's films about contemporary Europe. Texts on specific projects in Spain, the United Kingdom, and Italy focus on the relationship of the ecomy to the local site, whether through the effects on art education of the housing boom, the politics of local commissioning processes, or the relationship of urban art centers to their neighborhoods. Other artists' groups featured in this issue are the collectives Archivo Caminante from Argentina and Ruang Rupa from Indonesia.
- Author BiographyNuria Enguita Mayo is part of the program arteypensamiento at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucia. Melissa Gronlund teaches at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art, University of Oxford. Pablo Lafuente is managing editor of Afterall Books and One Work Series and coeditor of Afterall Books's Exhibition Histories Series. He is also associate curator at the Office for Contemporary Art Norway. Anders Kreuger is a curator at M HKA, Antwerp, and a writer currently based in Berlin. Stephanie Smith is deputy director and chief curator at the Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago.
- PublisherAfterall Publishing
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAfterall Publishing
- Weight499 g
- Width191 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAnders Kreuger,Melissa Gronlund,Nuria Enguita Mayo,Pablo Lafuente,Stephanie Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.