All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionJoan Retallack offers a book of forms, like the medieval Book of Hours, intended to draw readers into a meditative experience of time, space, language, the many humors of chance and design, as they intersect and leave their traces on the page. All of civilization to date, all of history is after all aftermath, afterthought, afterimage. The language graphics of AFTERRIMAGES lay claim to the fragility the gift, the terror, and the whimsy of the remnant that all images are. Their playful nature is born of the conviction that the present tense tense, tensile with immanent futurity must extend itself toward the unintelligible and unkwn. This is the frontier where the image hovers on the edge of its own transfiguration, the threshold where poetry can take place.
- Author BiographyJOAN RETALLACK is the author of eight books of poetry, the most recent of which Procedural Elegies / Western Civ Cont d / was named a best book of 2010 by Artforum. In addition to Afterrimages, other titles include Memnoir, How To Do Things With Words, and Errata 5uite chosen by Robert Creeley for the 1994 Columbia Book Award. She is co-author with John Cage, of MUSICAGE: CAGE MUSES on Words, Art, Music. Retallack is the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Professor of Humanities at Bard College.
- Author(s)Joan Retallack
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/03/1995
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWesleyan Poetry
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.