All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe phrase teaching for social justice is often used, but t always explained. What does it really mean to teach for social justice? What are the implications for anti-oppressive teaching across different areas of the curriculum? Drawing on his own experiences teaching diverse grades and subjects, Kevin Kumashiro examines various aspects of anti-oppressive teaching and learning in six different subject areas. Connecting practice to theory through new pedagogical elements, the revised edition of this bestselling text features: * A new and timely preface that considers the possibilities of anti-oppressive teaching and teaching for social justice in the face of increasing pressure from both the Right and the Left to accept neoliberal school reform policies. * End of chapter questions that enhance comprehension of arguments, help concretize abstract ideas into classroom practice, and encourage critique. * A sampling of print and online resources that will inspire students to further their social justice education The new pedagogical components of the revised edition will offer K-12 teachers and teacher educators the tools they need to teach against their common sense assumptions and continue the evolution of social justice in education.
- Author BiographyKevin K. Kumashiro is an Associate Professor and Chair of Educational Policy Studies at the University of Illinois-Chicago. He is also the founding director of the Center for Anti-Oppressive Education.
- Author(s)Kevin K. Kumashiro
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byGloria Ladson-Billings
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.