All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a critical introduction to Giorgio Agamben's political thought that highlights its affirmative dimension. Rapidly becoming one of the most celebrated and controversial contemporary thinkers, Italian philosopher Giorgio Agamben has made an original contribution to 'first-philosophical' debates. He uses his ideas about ontology - the philosophy of being - as a foundation for his political theory. Sergei Prozorov looks at Agamben's entire corpus of political thought in this systematic and critical introduction to his fundamental concepts. He pulls out the concept of 'iperativity' as central to Agamben's work from his earliest writings and shows how this concept works in the domains of language, law, history and humanity. This is the first critical introduction to focus on Agamben's political thought. It shows Agamben's political thought to be primarily affirmative rather than critical. It reads Agamben's politics in the context of his first philosophical works on ontology and ethics. It covers all of Agamben's published work, introducing the full variety of themes and concepts he addresses.
- Author BiographySergei Prozorov is Lecturer in World Politics and Academy of Finland Research Fellow at the Department of Political and Economic Studies, University of Helsinki.
- Author(s)Sergei Prozorov
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleThinking Politics
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.