Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
About this product
- DescriptionIf you like Mr Gum, Tom Gates or Wimpy Kid, you'll love Agatha Parrot! It was a dark and stormy night and someone or something was ringing the bell in the school clock tower! It got worse when we saw a horrible face glowing in the window eeeky freak! But there's such thing as ghosts...or is there? There was only one way to find out. We all spent a night in the school hall keeping watch, and that's when things got even stranger ...wooo! Join Agatha and her brilliant friends for loads of laughs and adventure. And don't miss her other five books too!
- Author BiographyKjartan's books have been translated into 30 languages and include the 15 Murderous Maths books, as well as books on space, puzzles, codes, magic and five historical musicals. He has also written several series of funny novels including Urgum the Axeman, Borgon the Axeboy and the award-winning Agatha Parrot series. I was born and grew up in Leicester.I studied Illustration (BA HONS) at Manchester Metropolitan University 1990 - 93. After my degree I travelled around Asia for 3 years. I had an exhibition at The City Gallery in Leicester upon my return from Asia of the drawings that I did in the mountains of India and Nepal. I then moved to London in 1997 to pursue my career. Luckily I found success as a commercial illustrator quite quickly and have illustrated campaigns for Cream, Bass, Natwest, Vodafone, Orange, Yahoo, Fiat and We Love Muzic among others. I have also done editorials for various magazines and all the broadsheets. I still work in the commercial arena as well as illustrating children's books. My career in children's books started in 2006 when I was approached by Egmont to do the Mr Gum series of books. This was a runaway success and I feel very privileged to have worked with the brilliant author Andy Stanton. I have since illustrated the Agatha Parrot series by Kjartan Poskitt and The Donut Diaries series by Anthony McGowan. In children's fiction I recently finished the third book of the Stinkbomb & Ketchup Face series by John Dougherty and I am currently working on the Joey Pigza series by Jack Gantos, the second book of the Circus of Thieves series by William Sutcliffe. My first picture book came out in June 2013 called Eleanor's Eyebrows by Timothy Knapman and has had some great reviews. I have just finished illustrating my second picture book called You Can't Take An Elephant On A Bus by Patricia Cleveland Peck, publishing April 2015. Andy Stanton and I have won a lot of awards for the Mr Gum books. The big ones are Red House Children's Book Award, two Blue Peter book awards for Best Book With Pictures, and the first inaugural Roald Dahl Funny Prize Award. We have won numerous regional awards too. I live in South London with my partner Melanie and my three boys, Stanley, Atticus & Albert.
- Author(s)Kjartan Poskitt
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAgatha Parrot
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJelly Pie
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Tazzyman
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.