All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of today's eminent tastemakers, Alex Papachristidis is kwn for arresting, elegant interiors that meld classical motifs with a modern perspective and sophisticated details. This volume pays homage to Papachristidis's refined sensibility and celebrates Alex Papachristidis Interiors' twenty-fifth anniversary. Papachristidis has decorated homes for an international clientele--featured projects range from grand New York apartments to idyllic beach houses in the Hamptons and Cape Cod. Inspired by legendary designers such as Renzo Mongiardi and Sister Parish, he is kwn for wall-to-wall luxury. The hallmark of his style is an unwavering attention to detail, from gilded finishes and stenciled floors to his use of passementerie and creative layering of fabrics for upholstery.Papachristidis's multifaceted approach and fresh color palette make his rooms the perfect backdrop for glamorous living and an easy elegance. He discusses style strategies such as draping hall tables and hanging matchstick blackout shades beneath bedroom curtains, and he opens his international address book to share favorite resources for fabrics, furniture, and antiques.
- Author BiographyManhattan-based Alex Papachristidis Interiors was founded by Alex Papachristidis in 1987. An Elle Decor A-list designer, the firm's projects are profiled in publications such as Elle Decor, House Beautiful, and Architectural Digest. Alex Papachristidis Interiors has a carpet line with Beauvais Carpets. A founding editor of the New York Times Styles section, journalist Dan Shaw has cowritten several books, including Mary McDonald: Interiors. Affectionately known as the Prince of Chintz, Mario Buatta is one of America's foremost decorators. Photographer Tria Giovan is a contributor to House Beautiful and Veranda.
- Author(s)Alex Papachristidis,Dan Shaw
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 Colour Photographs
- Weight1642 g
- Width235 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.