All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a vel approach to ageing, this book focuses on older people as makers of meaning and insight, highlighting the evolving values, priorities, and ways of communicating that make later life fascinating and rich. Ricca Edmondson explores what creating meaning in later life really implies, for older people themselves, for how older people are conceptualised, and for relationships between generations.
- Author BiographyRicca Edmondson is Professor of Political Science and Sociology at the National University of Ireland, Galway. After studying philosophy at the University of Lancaster and writing her D.Phil. at Oxford on reasoning in the social sciences, she carried out research at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin. She then joined the School of Political Science and Sociology at the National University of Ireland, Galway, specialising in interdisciplinary and intercultural approaches to life-course meaning and wisdom, and their history, landscapes and social settings.
- Author(s)Ricca Edmondson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAgeing and the Lifecourse Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Out-of-print date12/04/2016
- Weight590 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.