All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWith increasing numbers of the population living into old age, we need a better understanding of the nature and experience of ageing in all its aspects. Up to w, very few texts have considered this in any depth, but 'Ageing and Development', a new volume in the Texts in Developmental Psychology series, provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of the theories and research in adult development into old age. The classic early accounts of theorists such as Jung and Erikson are considered, as well as their present day successors. Particular attention is given to theories of adjustment to loss, and to the threat of loss, which dominate current gerontological research. A table feature of the book is the separate section devoted to the psychology of advanced old age, to life in states of physical and/or mental frailty, and to the survival of the self in these circumstances. There is a strong emphasis throughout on up-to-date empirical research and illustrative case examples. The reader is constantly encouraged to take a critical perspective, to understand the strengths and limitations of different studies, and to think about the issues raised in terms of their own lives.
- Author BiographyPETER G. COLEMAN is Professor of Psychogerontology at the University of Southampton, a joint appointment between the Schools of Psychology and Medicine. ANN O'HANLON obtained her PhD in Lifespan Developmental Psychology at the University of Southampton and is now based at the Department of Psychology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- Author(s)Ann O Hanlon,Peter Coleman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2004
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleInternational Texts in Developmental Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.