Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to address the issue of ageing after a long life with disability. It breaks new ground through its particular life course perspective, examining what it means to age with a physical or mental disability and what the implications are of 'becoming old' for people who have had extensive disabilities for many years. These people may have had to leave the labour market early, and the book looks at available care resources, both formal and informal. Ageing with disability challenges set ideas about successful ageing, as well as some of those about disabilities. The life course approach that is used unfolds important insights about the impact of multiple disabilities over time and on the phases of life. The book highlights the meaning of care in unexplored contexts, such as where ageing parents are caregivers or regarding mutual care in disabled couples. These are areas of kwledge which have, to date, been totally neglected.
- Author BiographyEva Jeppsson Grassman holds a chair as professor at Linkoping University, Sweden. Her research comprises diverse life course and ageing issues concerning chronic illness and disability, civil society, care models, and end-of-life. Anna Whitaker is a senior lecturer and associate professor at Linkoping University and Ersta Skondal University College. Her research includes ageing issues, with focus on end-of-life and institutional eldercare, and on informal/family care in a disability context.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAgeing and the Lifecourse Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.