All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to answer two questions that are fundamental to the study of agent-based ecomic models: what is agent-based computational ecomics and why do we need agent-based ecomic modelling of ecomy? This book provides a review of the development of agent-based computational ecomics (ACE) from a perspective on how artificial ecomic agents are designed under the influences of complex sciences, experimental ecomics, artificial intelligence, evolutionary biology, psychology, anthropology and neuroscience. This book begins with a historical review of ACE by tracing its origins. From a modelling viewpoint, ACE brings truly decentralized procedures into market analysis, from a single market to the whole ecomy. This book also reviews how experimental ecomics and artificial intelligence have shaped the development of ACE. For the former, the book discusses how ACE models can be used to analyse the ecomic consequences of cognitive capacity, personality and cultural inheritance. For the latter, the book covers the various tools used to construct artificial adaptive agents, including reinforcement learning, fuzzy decision rules, neural networks, and evolutionary computation. This book will be of interest to graduate students researching computational ecomics, experimental ecomics, behavioural ecomics, and research methodology.
- Author BiographyShu-Heng Chen is Distinguished Professor at the Department of Economics at National Chengchi University, Taiwan.
- Author(s)Shu-Heng Chen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Experimental and Computable Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 82 black & white line drawings
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.