All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGladstone, the so-called Internet Messiah, has t only failed to bring back the Web, but his search has landed him in a New York City psychiatric ward. The rest of the world isn't doing so well either, filled with disconnected Internet users still jonesing for a fix, and an increasingly draconian Government, interrogating and detaining anyone deemed a person of interest under the NET Recovery Act. For Gladstone, however, finding the Net is less important than heading to Los Angeles to win back his ex-wife. He takes up residence on the couch of his old friend, gossip-blogger Tobey, while trying to rebuild his lost romance. But when Gladstone's old journal account of the Internet Apocalypse goes paper viral, his newfound celebrity puts him at the forefront of the Internet Reclamation Movement. Soon he is a target for shadowy government agents, and a reluctant collaborator with Anymous who provides a clue that promises to explain the lnternet's disappearance.
- Author BiographyWAYNE GLADSTONE is a longtime columnist for Cracked.com and the author of <i>Notes from the Internet Apocalypse</i>. He is the creator and star of the Hate by Numbers online video series. His writing has appeared on McSweeney's Internet Tendency, Comedy Central's Indecision, and in the collections <i>You Might Be a Zombie</i><i>and Other Bad News</i> and <i>The McSweeney's Joke Book of Book Jokes</i>. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Wayne Gladstone
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.