Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionScoring ASQ-3 and interpreting the results is easier with this updated training DVD, which shows professionals how to use the #1 screening system accurately and sensitively. Viewers first get a brief overview of the ASQ-3 questionnaires and the screening process. Then they'll watch a home visitor guiding a mother as she fills out a questionnaire for an infant and tries the ASQ-3 tasks with her child. Through footage of specific tasks and close-ups of sample questions and scores, ASQ-3 users will discover how to : use the revised third edition scoring sheets; convert parent responses into point values; compare the results with the cutoff scores; use the ASQ-3 monitoring zone to determine if a child's progress should be monitored in one or more areas; interpret parent responses on the Overall section of ASQ-3; decide if a referral for further assessment is needed. Ideal for early interventionists, home visitors, pediatricians, teachers, and other early childhood practitioners, this DVD is a critical professional development tool ASQ-3 user should be without.
- Author BiographyFor more than 20 years, Ms. Twombly has been involved in <i>Ages & Stages Questionnaires(r) (ASQ) </i> research projects, including renorming for the <i>Ages & Stages Questionnaires(r): Social Emotional, Second Edition (ASQ: SE-2 )</i>, and the <i>Ages & Stages Questionnaires(r), Third Edition (ASQ-3 </i>; Squires & Bricker; Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2009). She has conducted trainings on ASQ and ASQ: SE nationally and internationally and has provided technical assistance to states on the development of early identification and referral systems for young children. Ms. Twombly is a contributing author of ASQ-3 and an author of ASQ: SE-2, the <i>ASQ-3 Learning Activities</i>, and the <i>ASQ: SE-2 Social-Emotional Learning Activities</i> (in press). She has special interests in helping underserved populations, including families with young children living in transition, and in developing systems of care for substance exposed newborns. She currently is working on a team to develop a universal system of screening and referral for families with young children in the state of Oregon.</p> Dr. Squires is Professor of Special Education, focusing on the field of early intervention/early childhood special education. She oversees research and outreach projects in the areas of developmental screening, implementation of screening systems, early identification of developmental delays, and the involvement of parents in monitoring their young childrena s development. She is lead author of the <i>Ages & Stages Questionnaires®:, Third Edition</i> (<i>ASQ-3</i>; with D. Bricker; Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2009), and the <i>Social-Emotional Assessment/Evaluation Measure (SEAM ), Research Edition</i> (with D. Bricker, M. Waddell, K. Funk, J. Clifford, & R. Hoselton; Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2014), and she has authored or coauthored more than 90 books, chapters, assessments, videotapes, and articles on developmental screening and early childhood disabilities. In 2013, she coauthored the book <i> Developmental Screening in Your Community: An Integrated Approach for Connecting Children with Services</i> (Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2013). Dr. Squires currently teaches doctoral-level courses in early intervention/special education and conducts research on comprehensive early identification and referral systems for preschool children.</p> Arden Munkres, M.F.A., is a video producer based in Eugene, Oregon.
- Author(s)Arden Munkres,Elizabeth Twombly,Jane Squires
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Weight91 g
- Width137 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Running Time25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.