All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a result of the 2nd International Psychoanalytic Conference: Aggression: From Fantasy to Action , held in May 2010.It contains papers that were delivered to the conference, together with edited summaries of discussions from the floor that followed each paper. The standard of the papers given was extremely high. What was ticeable from the outset of the conference was the intensity of focus on understanding the origins of aggression and violence, from a psychoanalytic perspective. This intensity persisted throughout the two days, leading to a number of the fascinating discussions that are summarized in this book.
- Author BiographyPaul Williams is a training and supervising analyst with The British Psychoanalytical Society and a member of the Royal Anthropological Institute. He was a consultant psychotherapist in the British National Health Service, retiring in 2010. From 2001-2007 he was Joint Editor-in-Chief, with Glen O. Gabbard, of the 'International Journal of Psychoanalysis'. He has published widely on the subject of severe disturbance. He lives and practises in Hampshire, UK.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Psychoanalytic Ideas Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPaul Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.