Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse and Harassment at Work and in Schools by Mark L. Braverman (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionLearn guidelines for diagsis, treatment, prevention, and intervention! As violence and abusiveness become increasingly prevalent in our schools and workplaces, our sense of safety suffers a heavy toll. Aggression in Organizations: Violence, Abuse, and Harassment at Work and in Schools presents a wide range of research, perspectives, and approaches to violence and abuse at work and in school. Respected authorities discuss practical strategies that foster a sense of safety, dignity, growth, creativity, and social support in every organization. Topics include:* the quantitative and qualitative methods that document the long-term effects of trauma and the effectiveness of interventions * the role of perceptions in gauging workplace hostility * a personality test to identify an aggressive personality * the role of organizational frustration in forming aggressive behaviors * the effects of a teacher's emotional abuse of a student * two forms of workplace abuse, bullying and mobbing * and many more! Aggression in Organizations discusses in depth the effects of physical violence, sexual and emotional abuse, and bullying in various situations and institutions. Case studies illustrate examples that bring the latest empirical and applied research into clear focus. Insights are revealed into what can be done to prevent a future filled with violence as well as guidelines for treating people affected by aggressive acts. Each chapter is well-referenced and many include helpful diagrams and tables to enhance clarity. Aggression in Organizations presents and explains: * an overview of workplace and school violence protection * a ten year clinical case study of an incident of workplace violence * factors influencing women's perceptions of a sexually hostile workplace * the emotionally abusive workplace * identifying the aggressive personality * organizational frustration and aggressive behaviors * creating respectful, productive workplaces * emotional abuse in the classroom * adult-student sexual harassment * a qualitative analysis of students and parents' immediate reactions to the shootings at Columbine High School * a school-wide bullying prevention program for elementary students Aggression in Organizations is essential reading for psychologists, educators, organizational consultants, human resource professionals, school counselors, and social workers.
- Author(s)Mark L. Braverman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJoseph Galasso,Robert Geffner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.