Aggressive Volleyball: Dictate the Pace, Determine the Outcome by Pete Waite (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.98+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by eaglezx
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAggressive Volleyball covers the factors, skills, tactics, rewards and risks of aggressive play. The nuances of executing skills aggressively, tactical approaches, in-match communication and improving individual competitiveness will enable players and teams to move out of a defensive or passive style of play and keep their opponents on their heels on both sides of the net. Additional information includes in-match coaching strategies and learning to detect and read the opponent's offensive and defensive schemes and patterns. This is Human Kinetics' first tactical-specific volleyball title. It's a broad-based coverage of volleyball's most common and effective tactics and will instruct readers how to choose the correct tactics to suit a team's strengths and weaknesses. This book will provide comprehensive coverage of the merits, factors, skills and tactics of playing an aggressive style of volleyball, from applying the skills within aggressive tactics and teaching players to thrive in competitive situations to developing the coaching strategies and communication patterns necessary for such an approach to the game.
- Author BiographyPete Waite has led Wisconsin to a record of 202-62 (.765) in eight seasons. At 468-164 (.741) in 19 years overall, including 11 years at Northern Illinois, Waite ranks in the top 15 among active Division 1 coaches in winning percentage. He has been conference coach of the year seven times and earned regional honors twice. Appearing in eight straight NCAA tournaments, Waite was national runner-up in 2000, in the top eight in 2004 and 2005, advanced to the Sweet 16 in 2001 and 2006 and saw second-round action in 1999, 2002 and 2003. In the Big Ten, they won league titles in 2000 and 2001 and were runner-up in 1999, 2002 and 2005. Statistically, Waite's teams consistently rank high nationally in the major categories (hitting percentage, assists, kills and blocks), indicating not only a skilled team but also an aggressive style of play based on the relationship between success and stats among the best teams in the country.
- Author(s)Pete Waite
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, 56 black & white halftones
- Weight449 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.