All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe preparation of Aging, Immunity, and Infection has been a labor of labor. When we began, there existed a huge literature-but manage- able, we thought, given our years of experience in the area often referred to as immugerontology. However, in the time that we have been at work, the new relevant literature has increased at a prodigious rate. The more we read and tried to assimilate, the farther we fell behind. In order to have any hope of completing a book on this rapidly evolving topic, we have been forced to become increasingly selective in covering new and re cent publications. We dare to hope that many read- ers will find the book useful and only a few will dweIl on the inevitable inadequacies. We consider the book a work in progress, and welcome suggestions for future editions. Five chapters cover several aspects of infection and the decline of immunity with age. The first chapter Human Aging: Present and Future, is devoted to demographics and theories of senescence. Chap- ter 2 outlines the gradual breakdown of resistance to infection in the aged individual. Chapters 3 and 4 cover changes in innate and acquired immunity. The final chapter, Nutrition, Longevity, and Integrity of the Immune System, discusses such provocative ideas as life-span exten- sion and nutritional intervention for the delay of immusenescence.
- Author(s)Joseph F. Albright,Julia W. Albright
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/06/2003
- Series TitleInfectious Disease
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.