All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionUnraveling of our genes by the Human Geme Project and follow on findings have shown there are two principal causes of aging: the shortening of the telomere genes at the ends of our chromosomes each time a cell divides to replace itself and the decrease in hormone levels as we age. Learn about the aging processes and the tests that have proved that we can slow, and eventually prevent aging.
- Author BiographyHi! Thanks so much for your interest in my books! My principal interests are true stories of the unusual or of the previously Unknown or unexplained. I have also written some fiction. I was born in Memphis Tennessee and grew up in Saltillo Mississippi, a small town near Tupelo Mississippi. High School life was dominated by watching the rise of our local Elvis. I was editor of the High School Paper and had plenty to write about. I guess this was the beginning of my writing career. After graduating from Mississippi State University as an aerospace engineer I moved to Orlando Florida and worked for Lockheed Martin for 24 years. I advanced from an aerospace engineer to a Vice President of the Company and President of the Tactical Weapons Systems Division. I continued my education throughout my career with a MBA degree from Rollins College and with Post Graduate Studies in Astrophysics at UCLA; Laser Physics at the University of Michigan; Computer Science at the University of Miami; Gas Dynamics at MMC and Finance and Accounting at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. While at Mississippi State University I was on the President's Honor List and in the honor societies of Tau Beta Pi, Sigma Gamma Tau and Blue Key. I received a scholarship from Delta Air Lines based on my academics and performance. I was in ROTC and the Arnold Air Society where I participated and toured as a member of the precision Drill Team. I also attended the summer survival training at Hamilton Air Force Base in California. I was selected for Who's Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges. I was a speaker for several technical organizations including the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. After retirement from Lockheed I formed Parks-Jaggers Aerospace Company and sold it 4 years later. After selling my aerospace company I formed Quest Studios, Quest Entertainment and Rosebud Entertainment to make films at Universal Studios. I produced 10 films, directed 7 films and wrote 5 film scripts produced at Universal Studios. I won the National Association of Theater Owners Show South Producer of Tomorrow Award. I then formed UnknownTruths Publishing Company to publish true stories of the unusual or of the previously Unknown or unexplained. I have published 32 books with 30 in eBook format, 23 in Paperback format and 25 as Audio Books. I have an additional 12 books in development.
- Author(s)Walter Parks
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.