All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume analyzes poverty implications of agricultural liberalization commitments of the WTO. The chosen micro-macro approach examines the link between international trade liberalization policies and impacts at household level. The possible outcomes of the current Doha Round for the agricultural negotiations are simulated using a general equilibrium model. Two scenarios are analyzed relating to whether or t Vietnam, as an example of an accession candidate, becomes a member of the WTO. The resulting price changes are combined with household survey data to derive income and poverty effects. Results show that households in mountaius areas of rthern Vietnam are negatively affected in their poverty position by agricultural trade liberalization in the WTO if Vietnam were t a member of the WTO, however, these households gain if Vietnam accedes to the WTO. The study concludes that although trade liberalization would lead to poverty reduction effects for households in these marginalized zones, this would need to be complemented by further measures within the framework of poverty reduction programs.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Sabine Daude, born in 1972, received her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Aachen University and the Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Compiegne. After working for three years with the NGO German Agro Action in Bonn and southern African countries she received her Master's degree in Agricultural Economics at Humboldt University Berlin. At the University of Hohenheim, where she did her Ph.D. in Economics, her research focused on trade liberalization and poverty reduction in developing countries, with particular emphasis on Asia and Africa.
- Author(s)Sabine Daude
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.