All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition builds on the explosion of research on sustainable agriculture since the late 1980s. By separating myth from reality, Miguel Altieri extracts the key principles of sustainable agriculture and expounds on management systems that really work. Providing case studies of sustainable rural development in developing countries, he goes beyond a mere description of practices to include data that reveal the socioecomic and environmental impacts of alternative projects. Each chapter of Agroecology has been enriched and updated with the latest research results from around the world. New emphasis has been placed on such issues as the ecological ecomics of agriculture, policy changes needed for promoting sustainable agriculture, rural development in the Third World, the role of biodiversity in agriculture, and new research methodologies.
- Author BiographyMiguel A. Altieri is associate professor and associate entomologist, labouratory of Biological Control, Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management at the University of California at Berkeley. He is also general coordinator of the United Nations Development Programme's Sustainable Agriculture Networking and Extension Programme and technical advisor to the Latin American Consortium on Agroecology and Development.
- Author(s)Miguel A. Altieri
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication22/09/1995
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.