All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst living in the Balearic island of Ibiza, an island rewned for the healing properties of its water, world-rewned photographer, Hugh Arld, was moved to follow a new direction in his work. Inspired by the limitless possibilities of the three-dimensional, weightless medium of underwater photography, he embarked upon a 12-month adventure that would see him travel the world to explore man's relationship with the sea. Arld began his journey in Australia, but cold Antarctic currents, poor visibility, box jellyfish and sharks all conspired to push him further afield to Fiji where he shot until storms made diving impossible. Then, lured by the Tuna rearing pens in Gozo, an island off Malta, he travelled there to complete his mission. The result is this luxurious 368-page book, which takes us on a journey to explore the ocean, and ourselves, in a totally new way. It is an evocative and breath-taking volume that reflects the ocean as a feminine element, captured in Arld's stunning images of underwater nudes. Immersed in the playfulness and sensuality of water, the swimmers, Nika Lauriatis and Polina Barbasova, express the cycles of Woman through fluidity of movement: the womb's embrace, growth, discovery, sexuality, and of course, beauty. Arld's work provokes and invokes. It arouses reflection and understanding of man's connection to a greater and larger world.
- Author BiographyHUGH ARNOLD was born in the UK and trained as an actor before being enticed into the world of photography by the light and natural outdoor elements of Australia. During his career he has worked for such prestigious magazines, as Vogue, Tatler and Conde Nast Traveller and has also shot worldwide campaigns for beauty companies including L'Oreal, Pantene and Maxfactor.
- Author(s)Hugh Arnold
- PublisherMerrell Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMerrell Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/12/2015
- Content Note177 colour illustrations
- Weight3039 g
- Width240 mm
- Height360 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.