Ahead of the Class: How an Original and Determined Headmistress Gave Children Back Their Future by Marie Stubbs (Paperback, 2004)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by john-and-gaye
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe transformation that Marie Stubbs effected at St George's, the inner London comprehensive that had gone into steep decline after the murder of its head teacher Philip Lawrence outside the school gates in 1995, was hailed as a national example of good practice. Teachers had been fearful of leaving the staffroom at break; stealing and absenteeism were rife. After fifteen months, children were turning up early to have breakfast and the classrooms were full. This is the story of its remarkable turnaround - through conviction, imagination, old-fashioned discipline and modern management techniques. In an era where so many problems seem intractable, it brings genuine hope.
- Author BiographyMarie Stubbs was born and brought up in Glasgow. After working in Scotland and the USA she moved to England where her career has included running a secure unit for disturbed girls in South London and Headship of the Douay Martyrs School in Ickenham. For several years she was a member of the RSA Council and the National Council for Educational Technology, and on the Board of the Teacher Training Agency.
- Author(s)Marie Stubbs
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication09/01/2004
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/05/2006
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height17 mm
- Spine196 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.