All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the life and thought of Ahmad Riza Khan (1856 - 1921), the legendary leader of the 20th-century Ahl-e Sunnat movement, who represented a strong tendency in South Asian Islam which is sufi, ritualistic, intercessionary, and hierarchical in its social construction. Khan's vision of what it meant to be a good Muslim in his time and day was centered around devotion to the Prophet Muhammad and to following the prophetic sunna as he interpreted it. His movement continues to attract a large following in South Asia and wherever South Asian Muslims have migrated.
- Author BiographyUsha Sanyal is Adjunct Lecturer at Queens University of Charlotte, North Carolina. Works include: Devotional Islam and Politics in British India: Ahmad Riza Khan and his Movement, 1870 - 1920 (OUP, 1999).
- Author(s)Usha Sanyal
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication23/05/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleMakers of the Muslim World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note1 map
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.