All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his comprehensive autobiography, legendary Aikido grandmaster Gozo Shioda tells of his exciting life. Born in Tokyo in 1915, Shioda excelled as a student of Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of modern Aikido. In 1954, Shioda entered the All Japan Martial Arts Exhibition, and won first prize. Holder of the ninth-rank black belt, he founded Yoshinkan Aikido. In 1988, he was awarded the title of Aikido Meijin (Grand Master) by the International Martial Arts Federation. He was also chief instructor for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, the Air Self-de-fence Force, the Japanese National Railways, and Sophia, Meiji Gakuin, and Takushoku Universities. In Aikido: My Spiritual Journey , Shioda relates moving, personal anecdotes about Ueshiba and imparts what he learned from his mentor. He also offers a concise overview of the key elements of Aikido, including breath power, focused power, and the power of the centre line. About 20 rare photos of the author, chronicling his life in Aikido, are also included. Gozo Shioda died in 1994.
- Author BiographyGozo Shioda (?? ?? Shioda G?z??, September 9, 1915 - July 17, 1994) was a Japanese master of aikido who founded the Yoshinkan style of aikido. He was one of aikido founder Morihei Ueshiba's most senior students. Shioda held the rank of 10th dan in aikido.
- Author(s)Gozo Shioda
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKodansha America, Inc
- Content Note1
- Weight462 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.