Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionAIMLESS JOURNEY tells the compelling story of Sidney Morelli, a confused, half-Jewish college graduate facing an uncertain future. The story begins in California in the turbulent year 1968 during the bloodiest period of the Vietnam war. Sidney, with the help of his devoted friend, Marty, devises a plan whereby he will be able to avoid the military draft. This plan, when put into effect, sets in motion a series of events and adventures that carry with them consequences beyond his wildest dreams, involving love, faith, sex, politics and heroism. With each successive experience, Sidney is forced to confront issues of religious belief, commitment and fate. And, with each such experience, he is plagued with the nagging question of how and why life's events happen as they do. Are they the result of accident and luck, or are they part of a plan, Divine or otherwise. This question is only met with more questions, and is addressed with emotion and humor, but the ultimate answer is left to the reader.
- Author BiographyALAN KAZDOY was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1947, and is a graduate of the University of Maryland and the Baylor University School of Law. For many years, he handled divorce cases, but, after a few years, decided he wanted to work with a better class of people, so he switched to criminal law. The practice of defending accused criminals is helpful in creating fictional characters, due to the never ending wealth of inspiration provided by those who have fallen short of perfection. In the author's fantasy world, he believes that he, like fellow writer, F. Scott Fitzgerald, divided his time between New York, Paris and the Riviera, where he associated with the likes of Fitzgerald himself, Gertrude Stein and Ernest Hemingway. He currently resides with his wife Mackie, in Dallas, Texas.
- Author(s)Alan Kazdoy
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.