All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAir Canada: The History explores a modern miracle that has made commercial air travel in our country an everyday occurrence. The airline was born in 1937 as Trans Canada Airlines, a ward of the Canadian National Railway. Renamed Air Canada in 1964 to reflect its status as a jet-age airline, it survived devastating air crashes, financial deficits, self-serving politicians, strikes, privatization, and the Airbus scandal. It was reviled in the nineties by the likes of Peter Newman, who joked, If God had meant Man to fly, he wouldn't have invented Air Canada. Today it is a much loved national icon. Fortunate at times to be run by great CEOs like Gordon McGregor and Claude Taylor, Air Canada has fought off a hostile takeover, merged with its arch-rival Canadian Airlines, and touched countless lives during its 75-year history. This is its story.
- Author BiographyPeter Pigott was born in England and grew up in India and Canada. After a career in the Department of Foreign Affairs, he became Canada's most prolific aviation author and among his accomplishments are the histories of Trans Canada Airlines and Canadian Airlines. Air Canada: The History is his 18th book. He lives in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Peter Pigott
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Note19
- Weight660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.