Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn the concluding session of the symposium Acid Deposition, a Challenge for Europe held in Karlsruhe in September 1983, Dr. GINJAAR, the former Minister of Health and Environmental Protection of the Netherlands, emphasised the need for setting up a concerted research programme including the effects of air pollution on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. The Council of Ministers of the European Community in 1984 adopted a revision of the 3rd Community Programme on Environment comprising contract research and concerted action in the field of the effects of air pollution in eco- systems. These research areas were also introduced in the 4th R-D Community Programme on Environment, adopted by the Council of Ministers in 1986 and are subject again to contract research and concerted action. The Commission of the European Community is very concerned to increase the effectiveness of researcn projects carried out within the national programmes, and those undertaken at the Community level. The Commission tends to develop an integrated scientific approach, including t only the physico-chemical behaviour, the transport and the deposition of airborne pollutants but also the effects of these pollutants, in particular on living organisms and ecosystems. With regard to the specific issue of the effects, the Commission is trying to develop and strengthen a multi-disciplinary approach associating biologists, pathologists, eco- physiologists, and specialists of soil sciences, within the concerted action, as well as within coordinated research projects.
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byP. Mathy
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.