Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionMatt Cruse is cabin boy aboard the Aurora, an airship which truly is lighter than air. Since the discovery of hydrium, a gas that renders even the heaviest vehicle as light as a feather, airships travel all over the world in the same way as planes do today. Matt himself was born on an airship and it is there that he feels most at home. Matt has high hopes for promotion to junior sailmaker on this voyage - until Kate de Vries, one of the wealthy passengers, arrives on the scene. She's feisty and brave, and won't let social distinctions get in the way of her friendship with Matt. And all their bravery is required when one night, in the middle of the ocean, they are boarded by pirates and caught up in adventures beyond all imagining ...
- Author BiographyKenneth Oppel wrote his first novel at the age of 15, and enterprisingly sent it to his favourite writer, Roald Dahl. Publication soon followed, and since then he has written more than a dozen books, including an adult novel, The Devil's Cure, and the bestselling fantasy novels, Sunwing and Silverwing, for which he won many prizes in his native Canada. He now lives and works in Toronto with his wife and two young children. His book 'Silverwing' was the winner of the Mr Christie's Book Award, the Canadian Library Association Book of the Year for Children Award, and the Blue Heron Award.
- Author(s)Kenneth Oppel
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/10/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Out-of-print date26/02/2014
- Content NoteB/w map
- Weight322 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest Age9-11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.