All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAirbrush Bible offers something for anyone interested in the art of airbrushing. Whether your goal is reality flames on a motorcycle tank, or a three-dimensional eagle in mid-pounce, this book from Wolfgang Publications offers how-to sequences done with some of the best names in airbrushing.To teach skulls, there's Vince Goodeve. For Pin-ups, Tom Nguyen walks the reader through a 20 page start-to-finish sequence. For reality flames with extra punch, Steve Wizard takes the stage, explaining both the colors and the sequencing.Airbrush Bible also offers help spraying on various substrate with different media. T-Shirt artists will find advice on the best paint to use and how to give the image longevity. Anyone working with hot rods and motorcycles needs to kw how much to over-reduce urethane-based paints. Hobby painters need to understand acrylic paints, as well as the new water-borne colors.Each chapter is a one-on-one seminar that takes the reader from the first sketch to the finished product. Leah Gall explains all the basic strokes needed to create nearly any image, and Susan Heidi demonstrates how multiple, thin layers of transparent paint create believable skin tones and a life-like effect.In total, Airbrush Bible provides the reader with fourteen chapters, each one offering a complete painting sequence and an interview with the artist. Learn firsthand why one artist uses watercolors while ather prefers acrylic paints. Or why some artists never use the color black, and instead prefer a dark purple or violet. This book is a compendium of subjects, paints and techniques; Airbrush Bible is the one how-to book any airbrush artist needs on his or her shelf.
- Author BiographyBest known for motorcycle titles like How to Build a Chopper and How to Build a Cheap Chopper, how-to author Tim Remus is also the author of custom painting books like Advanced Airbrush Art and fabrication titles like Ultimate Sheet Metal Fabrication. Today the former auto mechanic runs a small publishing company, Wolfgang Publications, located in Stillwater, Minnesota. Some of his personal projects include a recently finished 250-tire Softail and an old Henry J hot rod he says may never be finished. He lives in Stillwater, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Timothy Remus
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width216 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- freindofthor15 Nov, 2016by
If collecting books on the subject, this book will save you a lot of time and searching.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.