All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA convincing paint finish is essential for any model, be it military or civilian, aircraft, vehicles, figures or even background items such as terrain or buildings - and good airbrushing and finishing techniques can be the key to creating a superior model. Over the last few years there have been huge strides made in the development of airbrushes, paints and thinners, and consequently, this new book will provide up-to-date practical information and illustrated techniques to take full advantage of these new techlogies.Brett Green details the prerequisites of airbrushing, including the different types of spray equipment and air sources available, offering advice on appropriate thinners, paint ratios and air pressures to ensure the most appropriate paint coverage across a range of different airbrushing applications. He then examines various airbrushing techniques across a wide range of models. Ten step-by-step, illustrated case studies ranging from heavily weathered military aircraft to pristine, high gloss motor vehicles, science fiction models, fantasy figures, groundwork and buildings will complete this in-depth guide to getting the best results on your models.
- Author BiographyBrett Green is the editor of HyperScale (www.HyperScale.com), an online model magazine established in 1998, and a highly respected aviation modeler. He has published two books on the colors and markings of Luftwaffe aircraft: Augsburg's Last Eagles, on the late-war Messerschmitt Bf 109, and Stormbird Colors on the Me 262. For Osprey Publishing he has written Modeling 2: Modeling the Messerschmitt Bf 110 and Modeling 11: Modeling the P-47 Thunderbolt, and has co-written World War 2 US Army Fighter Modeling in the Masterclass series.
- Author(s)Brett Green,Robert Oehler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/09/2008
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleModelling Masterclass
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight784 g
- Width190 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.