All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionAircraft Engines and Gas Turbines is widely used as a text in the United States and abroad, and has also become a standard reference for professionals in the aircraft engine industry. Unique in treating the engine as a complete system at increasing levels of sophistication, it covers all types of modern aircraft engines, including turbojets, turbofans, and turboprops, and also discusses hypersonic propulsion systems of the future. Performance is described in terms of the fluid dynamic and thermodynamic limits on the behavior of the principal components: inlets, compressors, combustors, turbines, and zzles. Environmental factors such as atmospheric pollution and ise are treated along with performance.This new edition has been substantially revised to include more complete and up-to-date coverage of compressors, turbines, and combustion systems, and to introduce current research directions. The discussion of high-bypass turbofans has been expanded in keeping with their great commercial importance. Propulsion for civil supersonic transports is taken up in the current context. The chapter on hypersonic air breathing engines has been expanded to reflect interest in the use of scramjets to power the National Aerospace Plane. The discussion of exhaust emissions and ise and associated regulatory structures have been updated and there are many corrections and clarifications.Jack L. Kerrebrock is Richard Cockburn Maclaurin Professor of Aeronautic's and Astronautics at the Massachusetts Institute of Techlogy.
- Author BiographyCarolyn McLeod is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario.
- Author(s)Jack L. Kerrebrock
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/1992
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note243
- Weight817 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.